It is officially springtime and that means that Tax Day is looming just around the corner. We know that this daunting day can lead to unwanted stress and anxiety, so we rounded up the best ways to relax in the city on April 18 and take your mind off your finances. Whether it be a soothing massage or a smooth cocktail, below is our list of the top Tax Day deals.
- SafeHouse Chicago, Chicago’s newest experiential restaurant, will be offering their special Undercover Happy Hour from 4pm-6pm on April 18 for spies who have grown weary from all the number crunching. Agents can indulge in $4 domestic beers, $5 well drinks and $6 house wines. The Fried C4 Cheese Cruds, RQ-1 Rings, Camp Stanley Nachos and Bird Watcher Wings appetizers are all available for $6.
- Geja’s Café, Chicago’s legendary fondue restaurant, located at 340 West Armitage, will be offering their Tax Relief deal of $20.17 off each Premier Dinner every Sunday – Thursday the entire month of April. Known for romantic fondue dining, and an extensive list of fine, moderately priced wines, Geja’s Café is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
- Staytion Market & Bar, a unique and energetic restaurant located in the Chicago Theatre District, 1 West Wacker Drive, will be offering $7 select wines, $5 local drafts and $7 Absolut Elyx cocktails.
- State and Lake Chicago Tavern, located at 201 North State Street, will have their $5 menu from 4pm -6pm, which includes beer choices from Revolution, Lagunitas, Half Acre and Metropolitan. Guest can also enjoy Aged Cheddar Soft Pretzels, Whipped Mortadella, Liver Mousse, Marinated Olives and Mussels, all also only $5.
- El Tapeo, 2100 Spring Road, Oak Brook, will be offering their “3-4-5-6-7-8” Happy Hour on April 18 from 4pm-6pm. The menu features: Datiles, Croquettas Pollo, and Croquettas Setas priced from $3 to $3.50 for two pieces of each. Moving up from this, guests will be able to sip on drafts of Estrella for $4. The restaurant will also be offering its signature small bite dish of Vieras Fritas and Pimientos priced at $5 for a full portion. For those looking to wine down after a long work day, El Tapeo will be featuring a house red wine and a house white wine for $6. Those looking for something bigger than a small bite can take advantage of the restaurant’s rotating “coca” flatbread selection for $7. To top off this cannot -beat list of deals, El Tapeo will be offering two-ounce pours of a rotating selection from their wine list for $8.
- Blown Away, a dry bar and beauty boutique all in one, located at 2167 North Clybourn Avenue, will be offering 15% off blowouts on April 18 to those who mention “Tax Day Special”.
- Massage Envy, the nation’s leading provider in massage and skin care services, with 45 Chicagoland locations, is the ultimate way for people to relax when they are feeling stressed. Regular massages and facials are an integral part of total body wellness, and a proven way to relieve stress.
- Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, 200 North Columbus Drive, is offering guests overnight accommodations with 20% off the flexible daily rate (minimum 2 night stay) and a complimentary room upgrade upon check-in. Accommodations can be booked now through April 18, 2017 for stays through December 30, 2017. Book HERE!