The Best Father’s Day Promotions to Help Celebrate Dad In Chicago
Father’s Day is just around the corner and dads deserve to have a special day full of fun. From community events to unique brunch options, we have rounded up the top attractions in Chicago for locals and visitors alike to enjoy in celebration of those special father figures.
Let Dad Enjoy Some of His Favorite Games and More
Lincoln Common, 2345 N. Lincoln Ave., invites the public to celebrate Father’s Day with their first community event on the plaza, featuring miniature golf, corn hole, Jenga, and more, Sunday, June 16 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Guests can also indulge in ice cream from Mon Ami Gabi and assorted cookies from Summer House Santa Monica.
Give Dad a Break from the Grill this Father’s Day
• Pinstripes is hosting a special barbeque-themed brunch on June 16 from 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. complete with chef-prepared grilling demonstrations and patio seating. Diners will enjoy a selection of items including the Signature Waffle station, made-to-order omelets, and other breakfast options including house made Biscuits and Gravy, Crispy Breakfast Potatoes, Applewood Smoked Bacon and Breakfast Sausage Links. A carving station featuring Herb-Crusted Prime Rib and Maple-Glazed Ham served with horseradish sauce and au jus will accompany the expansive buffet and three variations of Pinstripes’ famous flatbread will be served along with a selection of fresh salads, Smoked Salmon, Shrimp Cocktail, Chicken and Goat Cheese Pasta, and many other Italian-American offerings. For something sweet, dads and guests can head over to the chocolate fountain to featuring a selection of house made desserts. A full bar with an extensive wine, cocktail and craft beer list is also available, featuring Mimosas and Bloody Mary specials. The special Father’s Day brunch menu is $36 for adults; $15 for children aged six to 12; and free for children under the age of five.
• On Father’s Day, Ocean Prime Chicago will serve a special holiday brunch menu from 11:30am to 3:00pm along with the regular dinner menu, which will be available until 9:00pm. Guests can indulge in a mouthwatering selection of sweet and savory items including Lobster Toast with avocado, sweet peas, preserved lemon, and topped with a sunny side egg; Blackened Salmon Salad mixed with strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe, goat cheese, field greens, and finished with basil poppyseed dressing and candied walnuts; and French Toast topped with fresh berries, lemon curd, candied bacon, and warm maple syrup. Ocean Prime Chicago guests can also enjoy a special Father’s Day-only accessory to accompany any steak: Steak and Eggs features a truffle-poached egg, bacon-roasted potatoes, asparagus, and caramelized onions topped with sliced truffles, parmesan cream, and chives.
For the MVP Dad
As one of Chicago’s top steak houses, Michael Jordan Steak House, 505 North Michigan Ave, is offering a complimentary Michael Jordan pint glass for each dad that dines at the restaurant on Sunday, June 16.
For the Wine Enthusiast
Geja’s Café, 340 W. Armitage, the legendary fondue and lovers’ landmark, is celebrating its 54th anniversary throughout the month of June with a selection of exclusive specials. All guests that dine at Geja’s will have a chance to receive a complimentary $54 gift card if they are either the 54th or 154th guest in each night. On Sundays through Fridays, guests who dine in and say they are here to celebrate Geja’s 54th Anniversary will also enjoy $54 off the purchase of two full Premier Dinners. In addition to these anniversary promotions, Geja’s will also enhance its tenth annual recipe contest by adding a cheese fondue recipe component to the mix.
For the Beer Loving Dad
For the dad who knows everything there is to know about brewing (or at least drinking) beer, book a reservation at Columbus Tap, the upscale, neighborhood gastropub located at the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park. Drawing from Chicago’s rich beer history, Columbus Tap offers a wide variety of beer from several Chicago and Midwestern breweries — featuring a selection of 16 drafts on tap, as well as a vast array of malts, yeasts, adjuncts and curiosities, hops, ciders and sours, and more. Columbus Tap also serves exceptional, hand-crafted cocktails, a variety of wine, a decadent weekend brunch, and savory dinner menus.
Perfect for the Sports Loving and Theatre Enthusiast
The city’s hottest new seafood and steak restaurant, Ocean Prime Chicago, 87 East Wacker Drive, has partnered with MIRACLE, the smash hit 2016 Chicago Cubs Championship Season inspired musical, to gift each dad dining at the restaurant on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 16th with a gift certificate for two complimentary tickets to the musical at the Royal George Theatre. The tickets will be valid for weekday performances through Sunday, July 21.
For the Science-loving Dad
Treat dad to a science and art-filled weekend experience with Hotel EMC2’s Exactly Like Nothing Else Package complete with a two-hour private tour at one of the largest and oldest museum’s in the city, the Art Institute of Chicago and a $100 dinner credit to the Albert, Hotel EMC2’s contemporary restaurant that features seasonal, globally inspired cuisine, offering a menu that will engage, stimulate and revive the palate. Guests will receive premium seating in Albert Kitchen, as well as two signature lightweight or full bodied cocktails. Daily valet parking completes the experience, ensuring the visit is an unforgettable breeze. For more information or to book this package, please visit the Hotel EMC2 website.
Give Dad the Gift of Vacation Without Traveling Far
For those looking for a very special Father’s Day Weekend, the Chicago Scots invite dads and visitors alike to be Scottish at the 33rd Annual Scottish Festival and Highland Games, a family-friendly, summer festival on Friday, June 14 from 4-10 pm and Saturday, June 15 from 8am-10 pm in Itasca, located at Hamilton Lakes, 1 Pierce Place. The Scottish Festival & Highland Games is the largest in the Midwest, attracting 10,000-15,000 visitors. All proceeds benefit the Chicago Scots, the oldest 501c3 non-profit in Illinois. The Chicago Scots’ principal charity is Caledonia Senior Living & Memory Care, which offers a wide range of top-quality aging services, deeply rooted in Scottish values and informed by more than a century of experience.
Treat Dad to a Weekend of Family Fun
Offering dads and their families with a new way to get out and explore the city they love, the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile, 505 N. Michigan Ave., is excited to announce their Summer Scavenger Hunt Package. Starting at $199 per night, the Summer Scavenger Hunt Package includes overnight accommodations in an InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel guestroom, complimentary breakfast for two children, and a Chicago scratch-off scavenger hunt kit with 30 destinations to explore. Additionally, guests will receive an in-room milk & cookie amenity and an InterContinental Chicago Adventure Backpack complete with Lincoln the Lion (plush lion teddy), exclusive Lincoln the Lion coloring book, coloring pencils and travel journal. For families with more than one child, extra Adventure Backpacks are available at the front desk upon request. For more info or to book the Summer Scavenger Hunt Package, visit icchicagohotel.com/offers/summer-scavenger-hunt.
Appreciate Chicago’s Amazing Architecture with a ‘Stay-cation’
Take a step back in time with a stay at the Cambria Hotel Chicago Loop – Theatre District. Originally constructed in 1927, the 22-story, 199-room Cambria Hotel Chicago Loop – Theatre District, located at 32 W. Randolph St., is situated directly above the historic Ford Center for the Performing Arts Oriental Theatre. The hotel offers a décor that maintains the building’s colorful past through unique design features, while presenting a sleek 21st-century aesthetic as well as modern essentials. The property features a spacious lobby, flexible meeting space with integrated AV capabilities, and a high-design fitness center offering state-of-the-art exercise equipment, all while paying respect to the building’s history.
Amaze Dad with a Night out in the Heart of Chicago
It doesn’t get much better than gifting dad a getaway in the heart of Chicago! The Ivy Boutique Hotel features 63-rooms, the majority of which are suites with 675 square feet of luxurious accommodations. The hotel is less than 0.2 miles away from Chicago’s premier commercial district, Magnificent Mile, and only 0.9 miles from the Art Institute of Chicago. The property offers numerous amenities and services, including the Divine Lounge lobby bar and restaurant, room service, complimentary Wi-Fi, meeting and event space and a lively rooftop bar during the summer months, perfect for a Father’s Day retreat.
For Those on the Hunt for a Last Minute Gift
Paper Source, a nationwide premier paperie and gift retailer, has the best treats and trinkets for your fathers! From grilling accessories to everything in between, this trendy lineup of merchandise includes a collection of mugs and cocktail glasses, travel tools, personal accessories, picture frames, and more. Head to one of their 125 stores in the U.S. or visit their website at www.papersource.com which offers nationwide shipping, to pick out your favorite Father’s Day cards.
Take in the City Views with Dad at One of Chicago’s Top Rooftop Bars
• Prepare for brand new views of Chicago’s magnificent skyline with the newly opened Offshore, the nation’s largest rooftop built for Chicago and its locals atop one of the city’s most iconic buildings, Navy Pier. Offshore, a stunning, chic 36,000 sq. ft. all-seasons/all-weather venue will offer Chicagoans a full-service luminous bar and world-class kitchen, terraces, seven cozy fire pits, an entertainment and gaming area, and multiple large social gathering spaces. Sure to be one of the city’s and the country’s hottest destinations, this sexy and sophisticated space sits on the third floor atop Navy Pier’s Festival Hall at 1000 East Grand, and offers panoramic, unmatched views of Lake Michigan and the city skyline.
• Raised, located at 1 W. Wacker Drive, provides a stunning view of the skyline and Chicago River, with an outdoor area that features fresh flowers, fire pits, cabanas, couches and an outdoor bar with a decidedly urban feel. Under the direction of Executive Chef Russell Shearer and Restaurant Chef Tim Powles, the regular menu at Raised features American bar food with a twist, highlighting sharable plates – ideal for mixing and mingling with friends. Along with the beautiful outdoor patio, the warm and inviting interior makes Raised Bar the perfect place to enjoy stunning city views all year round. Chef Powles focuses on all things local, sourcing his menu ingredients within 200 miles of Raised. The beverage program at Raised is curated by Lauren Parton and the Raised Mixology Team and features an array of wines on tap, an extensive offering of local craft beers on draft and by the bottle, and specialty cocktails served by the glass or in a shareable decanter. The creative libations with seasonal, fresh ingredients encourage guests to sample and share. Raised was designed by The Gettys Group, fusing an industrial aesthetic with eclectic style and raw finishes. A glass wall lends to a stunning view of the skyline and Chicago River, while the outdoor area features fresh flowers, fire pits, cabanas, couches and an outdoor bar with a decidedly urban feel.
• Locals and visitors alike looking for a Father’s Day Weekend destination should stop by AIRE, one of Chicago’s hottest and most sensational rooftop decks, located at 100 W. Monroe at the Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago. Adding to Chicago’s already remarkable cityscape 24 stories above the Loop, the location recently launched a new 3,800 square feet mural, entitled “Grounded,” which evokes emotional, dream-like feelings and invite dads to feel like they’re up in the clouds.
• ROOF on theWit, perfectly situated on the 27th floor of theWit Hotel at 201 N. State Street, launches a weekly Sunday rooftop experience for champagne and art lovers of all calibers. Going on now through Labor Day weekend, Pop Sundays will run from 2 p.m. through 12 a.m. each Sunday, and will offer exclusive champagne flights, brunch towers, a pop-art art gallery, and live beats for the perfect summer hangout spot.
• VU, the South Loop’s first rooftop destination at 133 E Cermak, opened its doors in October 2018 and touts over 13,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor activation areas, including an exclusive karaoke room, along with a boardroom, club bar, and solarium bar. Created by the James Beard nominated Concentrics Restaurants, VU features impressive water and fire fountains on the exterior, along with the iconic skyline as the backdrop, guests are able to revel in rooftop season all year long, while also enjoying an interior that includes a sweeping 40 stool main bar, a stunning video wall and an abstract mural that makes this space truly unlike any other. Here, you can enjoy an ingredient and locally driven beverage program, top notch noshing courtesy of Chef Nolan Narut and unparalleled views of the lake and Downtown within a modern designed space.
• Sky Terrace, 233 E. Ontario Street, the chic, open air outdoor lounge located sixteen stories above the bustling Streeterville neighborhood, provides an inviting and tranquil retreat to take in breathtaking city views. Guests can visit the bar or grab a table to enjoy refreshing cocktails and tasty bites during the summer season.
For the Dad Who is Obsessed with the Outdoors
• OUTSIDE, America’s preeminent active lifestyle brand, is excited to announce Outside Experience, presented by Go RVing, an unprecedented two-day event for outdoor enthusiasts of all skill levels and ages taking place at the McCormick Place Lakeside Center in Chicago from July 13-14. In partnership with Reed Exhibitions, the world’s leading event company, this festival will showcase new products and interactive demos from leading active lifestyle brands and travel destinations. Attendees will test gear, enjoy films and live music and sip craft whiskey and beer—all in a festive, family-friendly, indoor/outdoor environment. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit the Outside Experience website.
• Illinois’ largest waterpark dedicated to family fun for all ages, Raging Waves, 4000 N. Bridge St. in Yorkville, is excited to announce its 2019 summer programming and officially kick off its 12th season Saturday, June 1. Only 45 minutes southwest of Chicago, Raging Waves invites local and travelling dads and families to soak up the best moments of summer, with princess sing-a-longs, hands-on experiences with reptiles and tumbling troupes a-plenty, through September 2, 2019. The family-owned and operated destination first opened to the public in 2008, Raging Waves is the perfect place for a day trip, extended summer excursion, birthday parties, youth group outing, scout gatherings, family reunions, and more. Featuring several family-friendly attractions, including 26 water slides, a huge wave pool, three kiddie pool areas, relaxing lazy river, 37 private cabanas and more, Raging Waves has been named “Best of the Midwest,” the “Top Illinois Summer Destination,” and “Best Waterpark in Illinois.”