Heron Agency is considered one of the top lifestyle communications firms in the US representing primarily hospitality clients. We are seeking a full-time Director of Social Media and Digital Marketing “Superstar” to join our tight-knit and hard- working team in Chicago (Lincoln Park). Our dream candidate is a hungry go-getter, who is well-rounded in their professional skills and interests, and really “gets it” when it comes to digital marketing and leveraging social media to help Heron Agency and our clients accomplish their goals. The individual must thrive at visual storytelling, have proficiency in photo and video content concepts and creation, be a witty writer, and be a self-motivated, fast starting thinker-doer that will relentlessly pursue the success of our many client’s digital advertising. If you thrive in a boutique and collaborative team environment where your efforts matter, and are creative in your approach to marketing, content + social media production, Team Heron Agency would be the squad you’re looking for!
We want you to blow our minds with your on-point social game and have willingness to participate in the day to day operations. In turn, we have a gig to offer that will be rewarding and challenging, with a family company culture that is constructive, team-driven, energetic, and fun (including, but not limited to: frequent happy hours, company events, and nice benefits).
Heron Agency, Director of Social Media & Digital Marketing
- Create persuasive client presentations for social strategies, concepts, and content for current and new business.
- Create strategic digital paid campaigns measuring ROI and KPIs
- Develop compelling social media content and content calendars; ensure proper understanding of clients’ brand voice – may have to create brand voice
- Develop influencer marketing strategies and execute partnerships; discover and coordinate influencer collaborations, and report on results
- Develop strategy to increase organic and paid engagement across social channels
- Oversee management of social media accounts including community management, content creation, scheduling, budget management and reporting
- Manage and optimize paid social media strategies in Facebook Business Manager; includes but not limited to A/B testing, Facebook pixel implementation, etc.
- Attend events and produce live social media content; facilitate video/photo shoots, as appropriate
- Communicate regularly with clients and host ongoing calls
- Work closely with Founder & President to manage campaigns, supervise Social Media Manager
- Keep up with the latest social media best practices and trends
- 5 plus years of experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Extensive knowledge of all social platforms, functionality, and audience growth best practices
- Experience managing paid social campaigns and the principles of digital advertising and demand generation
- Strong eye for design and aesthetics – some design required via Canva
- Specific experience with Sprout Social, retargeting, tracking of SEO and Google analytics, and Facebook Business Manager as well as other digital marketing channels. Tech-Savvy: ability to learn and master how to use marketing software such as HubSpot, Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, etc.
- Client-facing personality, outgoing and comfortable speaking to clients and superiors.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Driven, self-starter personality, multi-tasker.
- Eager to learn and constantly looking to
- Experience with Google’s marketing suite of products including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Ads, Google My Business, Tag Manager, etc.
- Some experience with WordPress or another CMS.
- Understanding of what B2B marketing entails.
- Bonus if you know HubSpot’s Marketing Hub
Resumes may be sent to email@example.com.