No judgment here! 2020 has left us all deserving a hall pass this holiday season. If you have yet to cross everyone off your list, we’ve got you covered. From out-of-the-box experiences to lessons with the experts and just about everything in between, we’re here to let you know there is absolutely still time to put together some thoughtful gifts (while supporting amazing businesses that deserve all the support we can give!).
New Home Cook? Gift Culinary Gadgets, Virtual Cooking Parties and Other Private Events
Chicago’s party school known for incredible cooking classes and other unique events, Get in the Kitchen!, offers culinary and happy hour gifts and gadgets in their retail store. They’re also available for private events including private cooking parties, virtual cooking parties and more. Through the end of the year, whenever it snows customers will receive 15% off in-store purchases!
Gift a Little Socially-Distanced Holiday Cheer with a Balloon Burst
Chicago-based Luft Balloons, 345 W. Armitage Ave., is offering a variety of holiday-inspired bursts and bouquets to send to family and friends. Bursts can be purchased online and some of this year’s hottest ticket items include:
- Pinkmas Burst ($129) featuring candy swirls, snowflakes and retro rose gold star point balloons.
- Retro Christmas Rock Bouquet ($26) includes a retro Christmas tree, iridescent hot pink star, Merry Christmas Round and more balloons.
- Nutcracker ($25), Snowman ($25) and Holiday Palm Tree ($30), along with other fun freestanding balloon designs
Book a Boozy Igloo at Chicago’s Newest Rooftop Bar
It’s safe to assume just about everyone could use a night out and a really good cocktail. Kennedy Rooftop in Wicker Park has transformed their venue to include individual igloos available for reserving! For the 21 and over crowd, the Kennedy offers a variety of packages including alcohol, mixers and an appetizer from their chef-crafted menu. Reservations are going quickly, but they will be continuing on after the New Year!
Paper Source: Hub for Gifts (And Everything Needed to Wrap Them Up and Ship Them Off)
Paper Source, the nation’s premier paperie with many locations throughout Chicagoland, offers a wide variety of gifts from planners to pens to personal care items and everything in between. The best part? They have everything needed to perfectly package all of your goodies this year – and can help guide you toward the best options for shipping a wrapped gift!
Gift a New Dark Matter Brew
Chicago’s Dark Matter Coffee, 1117 W. Belmont St., if offering special holiday coffee releases of Old Dank Nic and Chronikkah, as well as holiday gift boxes and themed merch for the caffeine-fiend or caffeine-queen in your life!
Gift Safe Travels!
Fred’s Wrigleyville Garage, 3848 N. Clark St., offers a package that can’t be beat for car enthusiasts of all kinds. Their winter car inspection special includes a battery check, antifreeze levels, tire pressure, brake inspection, proper oil levels, windshield wiper condition and windshield washer fill for just $25.
Support Businesses with Unique Gift Cards and Certificates
Skip the traditional generic cards and opt for something a touch more special. Perhaps a future overnight stay at a hotel or dinner for the family at an amazing restaurant? Even if we can’t use them all just yet, the wait will make them even more special to enjoy.
Some of our recommendations include:
- A shopping spree at the South Loop’s Roosevelt Collection and its many locally-owned shops
- Credit for Dance Classes and Lessons from Dance on Broadway
- Fondue Dinner from Chicago’s best, Geja’s Cafe – now offering $30 bonus gift cards with every $100 gift card purchase.
- Milwaukee Travelers? Dinner has never been better now that Eldr + Rime has opened – they’re even offering a bonus $20 gift card with every $100 gift card purchase.
- Delicious ice cream for your favorite sweet tooth courtesy of Johnson’s Real Ice Cream
- Treat guests to safe, affordable accommodations at Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace