Fun, fast-paced, energetic, and most of all PASSIONATE.
Working at Heron means having the opportunity to represent some of the nation’s most recognizable brands, hottest events, top restaurants, travel destinations and more.
We are a creative think tank and our team members are economy drivers: PR Gurus, Business Matchmakers, Social Media Aficionados and Digital Pros.
We consider ourselves more than just a consultant to our clients, we truly join their team. We keep our eye on the prize- client success and their people working. We take risks, put our pedal to the metal, and watch our clients reap the rewards.
Our environment fosters individual development, and our team members’ tenure extends past just a stepping block in their career. When we hire at Heron, we hire our future leadership.
Our team hustles, and has a blast doing it…to work at Heron means:
- Unbelievable opportunities to work behind the scenes with some of the nation’s most amazing companies
- Themed Lunch Tuesdays – Comp lunch for all staff
- An amazing benefits package including health insurance, 401K, and annual bonus
- Wine Wednesdays
- A dynamic, fast-paced, exciting environment that fosters creativity, collaboration, and fun!
- Slipper Party Pop Ups
- Teamwork and training that boosts individual development and success. We promote from within.
- Work from home Fridays and flex time for events outside of office hours
- Generous paid time off including a birthday spa day (because we’re all about recharging those batteries- both in our team members and our phones!!)
To inquire about open positions listed below or future opportunities, please submit your cover letter, resume, and/or portfolio to Info@HeronAgency.com
Entry-level publicist wanted to join our award-winning lifestyle communications firm in Chicago. Responsibilities will include pitching, social media, writing press releases, building lists, attending press events, and assisting in creating and launching successful public relations campaigns.
Job requirements include:
· Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task on a wide variety of daily projects in a fast-paced environment
· Impeccable writing skills
· General computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and Microsoft Outlook; Video and Photography skills ideal
· Out-of-the-box, creative thinking mentality
· Ability to take direction and work quickly
Credentials and Experience
Journalism, Communications, PR or Marketing Degree required. Relevant internships or past work experience preferred.
Applicants must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work some evening and weekend hours. Must drive and have access to a car.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Heron Agency Internship Program
We are looking for rock-star interns to join our team! Heron Agency interns are given the opportunity and responsibility to assist with a wide range of client campaigns, working alongside the full-time team to truly learn and understand what it takes to succeed in the communications industry. We offer both full time and part time internships (20 – 40 hours per week) each spring, summer and fall semester. If you are interested, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the internship you are applying for in the subject line.
Heron interns are expected and given the responsibility to assist with the following:
Public Relations Intern
o Write press releases and pitches
o Create press kits
o Build media lists
o Send e-mail blasts
o Write radio spots and newspaper ads
o Write marketing pitches
o Build marketing partnership and contact lists
o Utilize online marketing tools
o Create relationships and partnerships to impact client campaigns
Social Media, Video and Digital Content Intern
o Create social media content calendars
o Pitch social media influencers to impact client campaigns
o Create video content for a variety of clients
o Edit video content to create videos for social media, website, and marketing use
o Utilize online marketing tools
Take a look at a few blog posts from our previous interns!