Heron Agency is considered one of the top lifestyle communications firms in the US representing primarily hospitality clients. We are seeking a full-time “Superstar” to join our tight-knit and hard-working team in Chicago (Lincoln Park) as a Social Media Manager. Our dream candidate is a hungry go-getter, who is well-rounded in their professional skills and interests, and really “gets it” when it comes to social media marketing and leveraging social media to help Heron Agency and our clients accomplish their goals. The individual must thrive at visual storytelling, have proficiency in photo and video content concepts and creation, be a witty writer, and be a self-motivated, fast starting thinker-doer that will relentlessly pursue the success of our many clients’ digital advertising. If you thrive in a boutique and collaborative team environment where your efforts matter, and are creative in your approach to marketing, content + social media production, Team Heron Agency could be the squad you’re looking for!
About the Role:
We want you to blow our minds with your on-point social game and have willingness to participate in the day to day operations. In turn, we have a gig to offer that will be rewarding and challenging, with a culture that is constructive, team-driven, energetic, and fun (including, but not limited to: frequent happy hours, company events, and great benefits).
- Create, present and execute social media strategies for hospitality clients
- Maintain, develop, and optimize existing social strategy
- Monitor and proactively influence community engagement, traffic, growth, and engagement performance across all client accounts
- Implement and manage paid/boosting strategies for various clients simulataneously.
- Develop compelling social media content and content calendars; ensure proper understanding of clients’ brand voice – may have to create brand voice
- Develop influencer marketing strategies and execute partnerships; discover and coordinate influencer collaborations, and report on results
- Develop strategy to increase organic and paid engagement across social channels
- Oversee management of social media accounts including community management, content creation, scheduling, budget management and reporting
- Manage and optimize paid social media strategies in Facebook Business Manager; includes but not limited to A/B testing, Facebook pixel implementation, etc.
- Attend events and produce live social media content; facilitate video/photo shoots, as appropriate
- Communicate regularly with clients and host ongoing calls
- Work closely with Founder & President to manage campaigns, supervise Social Media Manager
- Keep up with the latest social media best practices and trends
- 3+ plus years of experience with agency experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of all social platforms, functionality, and audience growth best practices
- Experience With/Understanding Of:
- Sprout Social Scheduling Software
- Video editing software/apps (i.e. Adobe, CapCut, InShot)
- Basic editing (i.e. Lightroom)
- Community listening and analytics reporting
- Basic Graphics Experience utilizing Canva
- Meta backend access
- Experience managing paid social campaigns and the principles of digital advertising and demand generation
- Strong eye for design and aesthetics
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Client-facing personality, outgoing and comfortable speaking to clients and superiors.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Driven, self-starter personality, multi-tasker. Eager to learn and constantly looking to.
Resumes and work examples may be sent to email@example.com.